Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter review and swatches

Today's adventure to Rite Aid introduced me to a new product- Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters. It looked like the display had been put out in the last day or so, as nothing had been purchased from it yet. I went to Rite Aid in search of a tinted balm of sorts, so I decided to give this one a shot.



It is advertised as a "buttery balm + shiny color" that increases lip moisture by 156%. How well does it live up to these claims? I find that it has more drag on the lips than I would expect from a lip butter/ "buttery balm"during application, but once it's on it feels decently moisturizing. It's not nearly as emollient as, say, my beloved Burt's Bees balm, but it's more moisturizing than the standard lipstick. It does provide a nice shiny color. 156% more lip moisture? I wouldn't say it's that moisturizing. Although, I didn't really expect it to live up to such a claim. Numbers like that always make me skeptical.
I purchased one tube from the line- the Lollipop shade. This week, Rite Aid is having a 40% sale on Revlon lip, eye, and nail products plus a $2 +UP Reward with purchase. These are normally priced at $7.49 each, I was charged $4.49 for the tube. Once you subtract the $2 I now have for a future purchase, that brings the total down to $2.49. Was it worth $2.49? Yes. Do I think it's worth $7.49? Not particularly. 





I'm not a huge fan of the bulky stick, but it's manageable.


The packaging isn't bulky, but the tip of the product is a bit. I took some comparison shots with Lollipop next to MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick.





It's a bit too large for precise application, but it's alright for a somewhat sheer, buildable lip product.

Now for the swatches, all in natural light. The swatch on the left is one swipe of product, the right is 3 swipes.



1 swipe:

3 swipes:


The wear isn't anything impressive, here's how it looked after an episode of Pan Am and a few Lindor truffles:
Not completely gone, but significantly faded.

My overall thoughts:
It's a decent drugstore product. Nothing terribly exciting or innovative, but perhaps worth a shot if it's on sale and you want a wash of color. I've gotten spoiled by the high quality of the indie glosses and balms I've come to know and love, so most drugstore products don't quite do it for me anymore.

Have you tried the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters?

1 comment:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Most drugstore lip products don't do it for me anymore, either. I don't mind drugstore eye stuff, but I always find the lip stuff to be somewhat lacking.

Post a Comment