Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Stardust look and TFSI frustration

I have come to the unfortunate discovery that my Too Faced Shadow Insurance appears to have gone bad. It has gotten seperated and it is difficult for me to blend shadows over it, and has been creasing quite a bit. Out of frustration, I haven't been doing much eyeshadow lately. However, I do have some swatches to post and one recent look. I'll work on getting my hands on some new primer, but will have to order it online or wait until the weekend to get to a town that actually carries such things in stores.

Now for my most recent Stardust look:



I was inspired by several blue and purple looks I came across recently. I hadn't thought to pair blue and purple together before, and I love the way it looks!

I used:
Sateen- Stardust
Tempted- Stardust
Amethyst- Stardust
TFSI
Physician's Formula mascara

Stardust's descriptions:
Sateen: High frost purple toned taupe. Stunning.
Tempted: Shimmery blue gray. Perfect with blue jeans!
Amethyst: Rich gem toned purple. Like sparkling amethyst.


All photos in natural light.
















Stardust swatches coming soon!

4 comments:

SilhouetteScreams said...

Is there anyway you can mix your TFSI back together, or is it unsalvagable? :(

I've not tried Stardust yet, those colours look so pretty :)

Amanda said...

I've been trying to shake it and basically massage the tube, which helps a little bit with the separation, but I think it's a goner. It still makes colors nice and vibrant, but doesn't keep them from creasing.
Stardust has some very pretty colors, there are some great ones in the upcoming set of swatches :)

BLIX said...

I think mine is going bad too. It's turning more liquidy, but still seems to be working. Once it stops working, I will chuck it and get a new tube.
This look is lovely. The colours you used work very well together. :-D

Amanda said...

Thanks! I'm sorry to hear that yours is going bad too. I bought mine last July, so I've had it a while. I'm actually surprised it didn't go bad sooner, 9 months seems like a long time.

Post a Comment