The lovely Meagan of http://ionadhtalamh.blogspot.com/ gave me my first blog award! Thank you Meagan!
Meagan is an awesome person with an awesome blog, which I suggest you go check out.
1. Thank and link the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them about this award.
Alright, 7 things about myself:
1. My favorite job was working in a cupcake shop, which I still do seasonally.
2. One of my many passions is swing dancing- lindy hop, specifically. I started swing dancing about a year and a half ago, and have gone to swing dance events in 7 cities in 4 states thus far. A few weeks ago, I went with some friends on a grand mountain adventure, we ended up lindy hopping at an elevation of more than 10,000 feet. What a workout that was.
3. Approximately 12 years of my life were dedicated to classical ballet training. I do miss it, but my body couldn't take the demands of that lifestyle after I injured both knees significantly.
4. One of the most incredible experiences of my life was spending a month in the West Indies on an enthnomusicology trip. I bought a steel pan (steel drum) while I was there, and it lives in the living room of my apartment. I love having out in the open, because when people visit they often times end up playing with it.
5. I play many instruments, but oboe is my favorite. One of my priorities for the coming months is to spend more time playing the oboe.
6. I have a fascination with all things burlesque. I have some sparkly shoes that make me feel like a burlesque goddess, I just need to get better at walking in them.
7. I'm addicted to tea.
I'm having a hard time deciding on the 15 bloggers, so I'm going to post this now and edit it once I get my blogger list in order. Posting this now will force me to actually sit down and figure that out.
Sometimes, I like ignoring instructions. So instead of 15 "recently discovered great bloggers", I'll give you a list of my 10 favorites, possibly with commentary.
Even though I'm probably not supposed to give this award to the person who gave it to me, I will anyway. She's awesome, her blog's awesome. It's the first blog I check when I sit down to click around on the internet.
She does fantastic swatches. I have a weakness for swatches.
I haven't been following this blog for long, but there's just something about her attitude that I love.
Witty, creative, fabulous.
All-around great blog.
One of the first blogs I discovered when I began venturing into the world of wearing makeup. Her application skills make me swoon a bit.
She's a great blogger, with that whole real human personality thing goin' on.
I just started exploring this blog, and I like it quite a bit.
Such great photos, fabulous looks.
I feel like it's worth mentioning that she's from my hometown. Awesome blog.